Saturday 14 October 2023

A good feeling

 This is about someone..that someone who handpicked me, got me the best training, mentored me every single day and even though she was the senior manager then she made me her direct along with all the other principal SREs and AREs and even junior managers who used to report to her, she used to wait until we both are free to make it to that tea time or to have lunch from pantry, yes definitely because she is a kindred person but also because I was the youngest one in the whole bunch and she made sure I was always seated somewhere where she can check up on me and also she made sure i followed the same hours as she does and I was that luckiest one to get an extended training period so that I get to study everything in detail..yeah less than 2 years experience to end up with a bunch of titans who handle the prod and on prem high end infra and hypervisors of the global infra industry was not exactly the right fit up until I was sharpened the right way.. even with everything she did for me I let that connection stretch, with my friends joining later in the same team through references, I didn't try to change anything about her becoming the odd one even though her care and concern was only for me.. for a lot of reasons which came along later I never even tried to take that initiation to save that connection. And if you know something about how all of those works in my domain, such connections saves you a lot of hard labour and efforts put on results and if there is politics by any chance these are the people one should keep close.. when will I ever learn isn't it, but my way is fine for me too.. there is a fine line between people and things and one shouldn't confuse between two, instead be the boldest opportunist when it comes to things.. I live by my pavings so that's alright... That being said, my now manager as well as our then India team director had put in a lot of effort to patch up our differences then.. However, I gradually decided to stay out of those shared lunchpacks and chit-chats, her peculiarity is that she never fries veggies just boils them and says that it is the right way and even better if you just steam it. Well she still stays and looks the same, so you know she got it right. And at that time I used to cook two meals a day, one for breakfast and another for lunch and dinner, lunch packed to office and dinner reheated once I'm back from office..(👉 My transitions!!).. well that was quite the period because I was new to all of that, so I don't even want to start talking about the portion size , well I was quite an eater then even though she sometimes had to make sure I never wasted food and later on maybe one or the other of her pro tip could be the reason why I started buying veggies by counting them instead of weighing them because it was all for one person's meal.. I let it all stretch and that followed a lot of events which strained that connection much further later on..

Well, yesterday somewhere I felt like the same person all over again after a long time and with her around and how we got to talking, somewhere that felt like a reconnection and the way she was super happy to see me, that welcome hug and the way she was amazed to know my rank position and the details of the day and how she said we should get into more detailed discussions so that she can learn a thing or two about AI; somewhere I also felt bad that I never took that initiation from my end.. One thing I should learn from my life so far is that I should try and recognise those who have the best interest and my welfare in their mind and heed to them.

Oh yeah..from day before yesterday to today that was a huge transition..well all I can say is that, transitions never happens in a day or two but as I always say if you ever get to know I have a problem that's only because I have already found a solution to it..

Just a good feeling and a lot more of learnings and realizations to implement onto my fav most adventure, my life. Apt title should be 'My Transition 2.0' isn't it.. well, next one would be that😁✌️ hopefully 🤞

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unit - II - Mathematics for AI

Week - 1: Just done with the first session of week 1 of Unit II of Trimester 1. prof. kinda summed up my entire 12 years of mathematics in s...