Monday 4 March 2024

Women empowerment

 For days now, I have been receiving a sister who is devastated with her work environment. This is the same work environment where she worked hard for a client for years, from one person handling a single requirement of the client to handling an entire team which handles an entire department of the same client with multiple requirements. She handpicked all of her team mates, created a team and expanded the same team. Well that's her and I adore her for that. Then for a woman roles do change isn't it.. well it did. She had to leave for her maternity leave, even though she joined back she had to move to a different company which grants work from home, unable to handle the pressure and with struggles to cope up being a new mother and the new work environment, she just had to decide to quit altogether. Well that was not an easy decision for her.. but then somewhere she knew she has what it takes to come back..it's a guess. After almost a year of break when she decided to get a job she went for a role in the same field but with the manufacturing unit of a clothing company.. a month into that I have heard her complaining, ' I can't tell what it is exactly but there is something not right about the way employees are treated there especially women and it's not even the remuneration I'm insinuating on.. I'm treated right but I'm the HR manager but that's not enough, I can't continue working in such an environment..'

Within a month or so she entered the notice period unaware of what to do next. With almost a week to end that notice period, she was having pressure from this company to take her paper back but she dialed in her old manager and asked 'would you allow me to join back'. He didn't think much and arranged her an interview with their CEO within a week. And that interview was in fact a welcome back meeting by the CEO of her now company.. Even she was surprised but impact is not just a powerful word but also a powerful action isn't it..

I asked her once did you get your same client assigned and she said 'yes I'm part of the same team but not the same role.' yeah she was away for sometime even though she hired the person who is in charge of that team right now she didn't had any issues reporting to him. She collabed really well but there was something about this guy, maybe he couldn't handle her manners or something that he has been continuously reminding her that it is his team and she is working for him which by the way is so uncalled for because she was hired as an individual contributer considering  her experience and her previous role with the same team. There is a down sight to this kind of treatment from someone you consider your peer or pal, it affects your emotional and mental wellness. It has been affecting her every single day and these days she even has started asking to me that didn't I hire him, I remember negotiating his pay with Daimler and how I had talked him up to get that sorted and that same person making it all hell for me is not acceptable.. i don't want his current position and he is still handling only CAD not much, I think Kaanth(her manager) is trying to assign me CAA which has not been touched much after I left but it is complicated right now with a major lapse from our teams side. I couldn't help but notice the way she mentioned "our" team and I knew how much she meant that and that spirit  could be that one sole reason why she didn't mind his attitude. 

With a critical client meeting which is happening today with client asking for status update either to shrink down or expand the team she was feeling bad yesterday because she didn't get any of the materials or presentation copy even though she was also asked to join for client visit. And almost after our dinner when she checked her mail she was alarmed to see all of the materials forwarded to a loop by ++ ing her by their company's upper management and was panicking saying why are they doing this now.. and the entire night she kept on talking about how her incompetency will show in today's meeting, everything is happening last minute to her and all such sorts of bullshit.. i tried my best but then as I was working I thought let her get it all out of her system anyways she wouldnt have to lead the meeting anyways so it will all turn out right, consoled a bit and then I lended one of my ear to her.. 

I woke up early today to someone prepping up her pitch to land in a possible requirement to their team and I was like when did you go through all these materials and assessed that to which she smiled and replied, a few minutes back...

As I note this down, my sleep is effectively ruined for the day and I myself am busy on a testing and development activity using podman utility on Oracle cloud native environment using container technology, i meant there is a lot of Greek in me as of this moment which doesn't stop me from wondering and adoring that spirit which built up an entire team from scratch in the first place.. kudos to my lil girl and her spirit👏👏👏

With International women's day just around the corner, it is true that women empowerment has been that status quo for a longer time than we can recollect. As a woman myself I can confirm that there are really a lot of woman who deserve to be empowered and the society can trust in themselves by empowering these women as well but while we put in all of our focus on the concept of empowering are we also skilling the society to handle this concept of empowerment, if not, her dream, her ambition, her passion, her determination, her willingness to put in all the effort it takes is gonna scare the shit out of everyone who is yet to keep her upto the par or even regard her capabilities..the way I see it, the big picture looks like she is also trying to help out by taking in a part of all of that tedious work from the collective, nothing else..just a thought and felt like scribbling the transition I witnessed a few hours back.. all the best to my sissy, I know she very well can break that leg ✊🤞

I should have waited to announce my champion of this women's day right but what I witnessed today morning can't go without a mention..oh my goodness..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unit - II - Mathematics for AI

 Just done with the first session of week 1 of Unit II of Trimester 1. prof. kinda summed up my entire 12 years of mathematics in school in ...