Friday 14 January 2022

Hobbies

 Something which we are hooked on, something which we so keenly do just for the contentment it gives or something which we pursue passionately is what I call a hobby. 

But has anyone ever considered a hobby, to be appropriate, hooking kids onto a hobby of their own choice but also constructive and productive which you approve of as a parent could be one solution to all teenage/adolescent tantrums, flareups and also to your worst nightmares they are gonna throw your way ? Well from what I think it could be..

 We know what happens to kids in their teenage, all those hormonal changes they have to go through, confusions, tantrums they cause , all of that growth spurt. In a nutshell, there could be a lot going on their plate for them to deal with along with which they also have to deal with the dubious assumptions and sceptical eyes of the adults in their life, yeah parents, us. I am only talking about things which all of us has gone through but from a different angle. Well yeah, someone had to because this I think is the least we can do for them. But aren't there also apparent reasons why we as parents throw that sceptical eyes towards our kids while they are already going through a lot. It is not easy to be considerate enough to them by thinking from all aspects when all of their tantrums are going to have an impact on us as well. 

 So well yeah, one advantage we have as parents unlike yesteryear parents is that our kids would not be introduced to internet once they hit puberty. Internet access is not something unusual or special as it is simply an everyday tool in hand. Also, as lockdown has introduced all of us to countless effective and productive ways of using internet, we dont have to be wary about their sneak peek activities if we can give them proper guidance, education and awareness at the right time and in the right way. Expose them to countless possibilities in place of pointing out one or two snags and down sides. "Everything our era has achieved could be achieved only because of internet", approach it in the right way.

Another concern could be addictions, unhealthy habits and wrong group of friends. Well, addiction to a healthy habit is good, constructive and meditative besides it would introduce your kid to the right circle of friends, so introducing them to a constructive hobby could be that go to.

Now where does all of these comes from, last week you were on the verge of identity crisis? Well I know. :D

But a little something from this week kept me thinking. This is PVL week at my place and even if all other  letters in that acronym represents spirit and enthusiasm in colloquial terms V sure does stands for Volleyball (should blog it sometime because it has a story which some of us and our family keeps close to our heart) and as it turns out even if my mother did not blog about these thoughts she might have had all of her kids hooked onto one of the other hobbies or interests of their own. Yes I am giving this to her because she was our biggest supporter then. 

And yes, my brother definitely not just pursued his passion but also build a career out of it and is also a renowned as well as valuable asset in the circle and also for his home ground. As my kid has been closely watching his uncle's gallantry and the cheers for him, he demanded that he also wants to play. Even if I approached my uncle who owns the club, to our dismay minimum age to join is 11 which my kid would take another 6 years to reach. When I closely watched him I noticed one more thing that he uses his foot more than his hands, and as we know it is one way to pass ball in volleyball but not all of it. Then we also recollected that from our every visit to Cosmos and Decathlon, every ball he picked up how he addressed 'ghooball' and also how he excessively uses his feet to strike the ball. So it was my Mom who inquired the desperate guy and gave him whereabouts of this new game and how it is different from the one he was initially interested in. Trust me, it felt like he was waiting to hear all of this and yesterday my brother introduced him to the game and also took him to another club where he can practice and enrolled him. If everything turns out right, today or tomorrow would be my guys first day of practice. I mean all of this in one way feels like planned for because my family shares more history with football than volleyball with my father being a player, my brother starting his game with football representing district sub junior team and later switching to volleyball due to injuries and even my uncle who owns the volleyball club is a trained football player and another one is my cousin who not just was a casual football player but also played as junior team captain for Kerala state football team. I think I am also getting excited as his mother about today, oh boy I know that kid has strong calves but this is out of the blue and happening so quickly. Maybe today we are hooking him onto something which he would pursue with passion for the rest of his life or would be just another much needed experience to begin with.. Whatever it is, can't wait to start and see how it all turns out. But well yeah, I felt all my thoughts about a hobby is valid too..read it through.

Hope this helps and wish us luck too.. 😀🤞

Happy and soulful living!!! 😊✌







No comments:

Post a Comment

Cravves

  Core Concepts in Data Science Course 1: Advanced Statistical Methods for Data Science Topics: Probability distributions Bayesian inference...